Ahhhhhh…it’s spring in New York and there’s no where else I’d rather be (well, maybe Paris but New York will do for this year). I cannot begin to express how much I adore the change of seasons. It’s only my second spring and I feel the wonder like a child. In order to take advantage of all spring has to offer, I have made a Spring Bucket List (find the template here). Listed below are a few of the ways my family and I plan on making the most of this season of renewal.
- Spring Cleaning- what is it about this time of year that makes us want to clean and organize? I found this handy checklist on the one and only Martha Stewart’s website. I also change my air fresheners to a new, lighter scent and check the smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms to make sure everything is working as it should. The hot tub will be drained and cleaned and the patio furniture set back up. Enjoying my morning tea outside is a simple luxury I’m eager to begin again.
- A spring nature hunt- I can put a check by this one already! My little one loves the outdoors and I love taking pictures so we took the camera and searched for signs of spring in our yard(a lot of the pictures here were taken by her!).
- Picnic in the park- Doesn’t this picture make you want to pack a picnic basket and set off to the closest park? We are lucky enough to live in walking distance to a lovely park and duck pond so a picnic to celebrate the season is definitely in order. Don’t forget to pack a blanket and some toys for the kids to play. I’m thinking a frisbee and bubbles…I’m sure my girls will complain they’re too old but will then delight in the beauty of the bubbles floating everywhere~ I always do!
- Shop at the local Farmers’ Market- Why not get your fresh veggies from your local farmers’ market instead of the grocery store? I can’t wait to take my dog and peruse all the goodies and then go home and make a meal of it. Remember, eating seasonally has so many benefits!
- Opening day at Yankee Stadium- What says spring better than baseball? B’s love for the game has rubbed off on me and the girls and we all enjoy going to games. We’ll be there next Friday, April 13th to root for the Yankees. Why don’t you show your support for your team and enjoy a hot dog while you’re at it? I can almost smell it!
- Get ready for the rain- Polish up those wellies and make sure you have a fabulous umbrella. I have to admit, I don’t like the rain and have never went for a stroll (by choice) in a downpour but I’m going to give it a go. I can only imagine my little one’s delight and joy when I suggest a walk next time it rains. Life is short; dance in the rain!
- Make fashion and beauty updates- I would normally be making quite a few spring purchases but I’m on a shopping hiatus until after the wedding (which, by the way, is in 36 days!!!). So instead I created my fantasy shopping list on my pinterest board. One thing I will be doing, however, is sampling all the great spring nail colors. Essie’s Spring Collection and Resort Collection are so much fun! A Crewed Interest in currently on my tips and Orange, It’s Obvious is on my toes. Nail polish is such an easy way to keep up with the trends and who doesn’t deserve a mani/pedi after a long week?
- Attempt, again, to grow herbs and tomatoes (my daughter’s request)- I don’t know why I can’t seem to keep anything alive. It’s really quite frustrating. I will try again and keep the manicured fingers crossed that something grows.
And that’s it. Well, in addition to planning an Easter Brunch, my daughter’s 13th birthday, my other daughter’s first communion, and, of course, the wedding! Summer will be here before we know it. Time is ever so fleeting so make sure you find ways to enjoy the now.